table of contents
① Manual information paper and warranty
② HUD body (the screen, including the pedestal, is wrapped in a protective cloth)
③ Remote control (built -in test battery, with rubber band)
④ Cigar socket power cable
⑥ Cable fastening
1. Power cable connection
Connect the HUD body and the cigar socket power supply of the car with the attached cigar socket power cable. Insert the power cable in the power port (red circle below) at the bottom of the front of the main unit.
* The output of the power cable and the input of the main unit are12Vis. Since it is not a USB-C, please do not connect other products other than this product.
* The power cable also serves as an FM antenna. Never cut or remodel the cable. If you want to connect to a 12V power supply such as a car fuse box instead of a cigar socket,Connection to the fuse box power supplyPlease refer to.
* If the length of the power cable is not enough, use a commercially available cigar socket extension cable. You can order at Amazon etc. If the line on the main unit is extended, be sure to extend the cigar socket side, as it may cause a voltage deficiency.
2. Operation test
At this point, apply the car engine once to make sure that the HUD is energized. Check that the video is reflected on the liquid crystal display of the HUD body (red circle below).
* If the power is not turned on, check if the switch on the HUD body is turned on.
After confirming, turn off the engine and turn off the HUD.
3. Installation of the body
３－１．Refer to the figure below, decide the HUD installation position.
３－２．Once the installation position is determined, remove the vinyl under the HUD body pedestal and fix it on the dashboard. The "NEOTOKYO" logo is the front, and the transparent screen is back (windshield side).
* The adhesive sheet under the pedestal is not an adhesive, but can be easily reused. If the adhesive strength is weakened and the adhesive strength is weakened, wiping it with a wet tissue etc. will restore the adhesive strength again.
▼ The actual installation. The vehicle is Toyota Yaris
4. Remove the battery tape of the remote control
４－１．First, remove the remote control body from the rubber band. Since the remote control is simply stuck, twist the arrow lightly to easily come off.
４－２．Turn the remote control over and pull the transparent vinyl tab in the above figure.
４－３．The transparent vinyl tab comes off as shown in the figure above. The battery is now energized and the remote control can be used. Please put the remote control in the rubber band as originally.
* Initial batteries are for testing. When the battery runs out, remove the battery lid on the back and a commercial button type.CR1632Please replace it with a battery.
5. Installation of remote control
Refer to the figure below, attach the remote control to the car steering wheel. As mentioned above, the remote control body can be easily removed from the rubber belt, so it can be attached to the opposite side or outside of the steering in the upside down.
1. Turn on the HUD
Connect the cigar socket and the HUD body with the attached cable. Please start the engine and energize it to the HUD.
After several messages are displayed,HUD menu screenIs displayed.
* Nothing appears unless the screens or directions are matched. In that case, first check the lighting of the body liquid crystal display, then adjust the direction and angle.
* If the screen is not displayed in the body liquid crystal, make sure that the switch on the HUD body is turned on.
2. Connection with smartphone
２－１．From your smartphone, connect to "HUD-2023" with Bluetooth.
When connecting Bluetooth, the pairing number is automatically displayed on the smartphone screen. Tap [Pairing] to proceed. (Only for initial connection)
２－２．Next, connect to "HUD-2023" with wifi.
The password when connected to WiFi12345678 (Only for initial connection)
２－３．Operate the remote control dial on the HUD menu screen, Select "CarPlay" for iPhone or "Auto" for Android. Then, press the [OK] button on the remote control.
The message "searching device" and then the message "Connect smartphone" is displayed, and the CARPLAY or Android Auto screen is displayed.
※At the time of the first connection, a confirmation dialog appears on the smartphone sidePlease follow the instructions each time.
Android Auto screen
* When performing a wired connection with a smartphone, the above operation is not required. Just connect the smartphone cable to the HUD USB-A port and the smartphone to automatically complete the connection of CarPlay/Androidauto.
3. Align the frequency of FM radio
HUD's FM radio frequency is when the factory is shipped77.0MHzIs set. Match the FM radio of the car to the same frequency.
* When matching other than the above frequency,Move to the setting screen and change to an appropriate frequencyTo do.
* This operation is not required when using 3.5mm cable audio output.
Once you complete the wireless connection with your smartphone, the next time you will be connected automatically by simply selecting "Auto" or "CarPlay" button on the HUD menu and pressing [OK].
* If not connected, make sure that the "HUD-2023" is connected on both the Bluetooth and WiFi of the smartphone.
This is the end of the preparation before use.
① Ascending selection (Android only)
② Selection of descent (Android only)/HUD menu screen (long press)
③ Cursor movement dial (when the dial is turned, the cursor moves. Press and hold on the home screen of CarPlay/Android Auto)
④ Siri/Google Assistant Start (Hey Siri/OK Google is used by smartphone microphones, so the reaction tends to worsen when driving, so use this button)
⑥ Battery replacement lid (If the battery is exhausted and the effect of the remote control is worse, replace it with a commercial button type CR1632 battery. The battery attached to the product may be exhausted in a short period of time for testing. )
Smartphone automatic connection setting
1. When the CarPlay or Android Auto screen is displayedPress the OK button of the remote control for 5 seconds or moreThen, the HUD remembers the connection with the smartphone being connected.
CarPlay screen(In fact, it is displayed in Japanese)
Android Auto screen(In fact, it is displayed in Japanese)
After that, when HUD starts up, it is automatically connected to the smartphone and transitions to the CarPlay/Androidauto screen (you do not need to press the CarPlay or Auto icon on the HUD menu screen).
* There is no response on the screen or sound during the above operation. It is a little confusing, but after the above settings, please restart the HUD and make sure that it will be connected automatically.
2. To cancel the above automatic connection, use the "HUD menu screen" below.Press the OK button of the remote control for 5 seconds or moreplease.
* Even if you cancel the automatic connection, the smartphone remembers Bluetooth and WiFi connection settings, so you can connect again by pressing the CarPlay/auto icon in the HUD menu.
① 3.5mm audio output
② Light amount sensor
③12V power supply port * The main power supply port is not USB-C. Please do not use a power cable other than this product or use it for another purpose of the power cable.
④ USB port for smartphone wired connection (USB-A)
⑤ Power switch
⑥ pedestal (fixed to the dashboard with a sticky mat that can be replaced)
⑦ Screen (acrylic transparent concave melet)
Wired audio output
If you want to wire the audio, connect a commercially available 3.5mm stereo pin cable on the 3.5mm audio output on the front of the HUD body.
If you want to use HUD separately from car audio, you can use a small separate speaker to this port.
Bluetooth audio output (sold separately)
Our support is not available, but on the marketBluetooth transmitterBy connecting to a 3.5mm audio output as in the photo above, Bluetooth audio output is also possible. Not only music but also navigation and voice assistant can be used without any problems. Power supply can also be performed simultaneously from the USB port for the HUD body.
* The connection between the Bluetooth transmitter and the car audio will be out of our support, so please check each manual and connect it yourself.
The pedestal can be adjusted up, down, left and right. It's a bit hard, but if you hold the pedestal in your hand and put it in a little power, you can tilt it up, down, left and right.
▼ The pedestal is tilted and installed
If you don't seem to work hard, slide the pedestal and remove it, and then loosen the screw inside.
How to remove the pedestal
The pedestal can be removed by sliding in the direction of the arrow above. You need a little power, but be careful not to damage the body and pedestal.
When putting on the pedestal, slide it and insert it firmly until it makes a click. When putting in, it is not light, but it is necessary to put a little effort.
Loosen the screws in the figure above, change the angle, and tighten it again.
If there is a vibration in the HUD while driving, the included EVA sponge may be reduced by protruding between the main body, the pedestal or dashboard. EVA sponge is large and small, so use one or more appropriate ones. You can change the size by cutting with scissors or cutters.
If the dashboard itself is vibrating, if the pedestal is solidified with the EVA sponge, the HUD may pick up the vibration. In that case, the vibration changes by changing the position, how to insert, and size of the EVA sponge. In addition, the vibration may change significantly just by shifting the HUD installation position by 10cm. Try to find the best installation through trial and error.
FM frequency change
First, press the [App] button on the remote control to move to the HUD menu screen.
▼ HUD menu screen
On the HUD menu screen, select "設定 (Settings)" and then press OK to move to the setting screen.
▼ Setting screen
The FM frequency can be changed on the setting screen. (There is no need to change the settings for other parts)
The selected part is red. The menu language can be changed by "言語 (Language)". Move the cursor to the "FM周波数 (FM frequency)" with the remote control dial and press the OK button to the FM frequency. Select an appropriate frequency and press the OK button to switch the FM frequency.
When the change is over, press the [App] button on the remote control to save the settings and return to the HUD menu screen.
Convenient usage of CarPlay
Operate with a smartphone
With CarPlay, you can operate it on the smartphone side. For example, if you enter a troublesome navigation destination with a smartphone, it will be reflected in the HUD. You can select and play on the smartphone side without having to specify the music on the HUD side.
On the CarPlay (HUD) screen and the smartphone screen, you can display different apps and operate them at the same time.
For example, the carPlay side can display Google Maps, and on the smartphone side, you can display YouTube videos. You can also display the Apple map on the HUD side, and the Google Map on the smartphone side. In this case, on the smartphone side, applications that cannot be used on CarPlay, such as video applications, can be used.
* The above is a function only for CarPlay. With Androidauto, the simultaneous operation on the smartphone side is limited.
* Operation and closure of the smartphone screen by the driving driver are prohibited by law. Please operate the smartphone at the time of stop or ask the passenger
Q. The smartphone cannot be wirelessly connected to the HUD
A. Please try the following.
- Make sure that Bluetooth and WiFi are all connected to "HUD-2023".
- Please make sure the Smartphone OS version is compatible.
- If Bluetooth and WiFi are connected but have a "!" Mark, etc., delete the profile once and then re -connect again.
- Please also try whether you can connect to wired. If possible, please borrow another smartphone and try a wireless connection.
- For iPhone
- Tap (i) of Bluetooth "HUD-2023" and make sure that "CarPlay" is on on the screen ahead.
- Tap Settings> Screen Time> Content and Privacy Restrictions> Approached to see if CarPlay is enabled.
- Make sure that "CARPLAY permission during lock" is turned on in [Settings]> General> CARPLAY> [Cherry].
- Set the following items in [Settings]> Siri and Search. "Listen to" Hey Siri "" "Press the home button to use siri", "allow Siri during lock"
Q. The smartphone can no longer be wirelessly connected to the HUD. HUD is shared with multiple smartphones
A. Another smartphone that shares the nearby HUD may be connected to the HUD with Bluetooth or WiFi. Once the connection is set, the smartphone connected just before will be connected to the HUD unless the smartphone is explicitly canceled.
In this case, turn off the Bluetooth/wifi on another smartphone or turn off the smartphone and then connect it to HUD again.
If it is difficult, leave the car with the car, move about 100m, and connect to the HUD again after the radio wave of another smartphone does not reach. Or make a wired connection with your smartphone.
A. If you want to re -connect to another smartphone, turn off the HUD once and turn off the Bluetooth and WiFi of the smartphone that was connected just before. Then turn on the HUD and connect it again with another smartphone.
Q. The smartphone connection may be exposed during the wireless connection
The communication may be cut off depending on the radio wave situation. However, in that case, it is connected again by selecting the CarPlay/Auto icon from the HUD menu screen and OK.
If there is a smartphone that shares HUDs nearby, turn off Bluetooth and WiFi on the smartphone.
Q. The reaction of the remote control has deteriorated
A. Please replace the battery. Remove the battery lid on the back and replace it with a commercial button type CR1632 battery. The battery attached to the product is for testing and may be exhausted in a short period of time.
Q. The remote control does not respond at all. It doesn't respond even if you change the battery
A. Please re -pair the remote control. On the HUD menu screen after startup, you can re -pair the remote control within 15cm from the HUD, and press the upper left button (▲) + lower left button (microphone) for 5 seconds or more at the same time.
Q. Use the iPhone, but the OK button on the remote control does not work.
A. Select "Settings"> "Accessibility"> "Touch", select "AssistiveTouch" and turn it off.
Q. It is a smartphone and a wired connection, but the smartphone is not recognized.
A. Is the cable a genuine or regular authentication cable? Cheap cables can be charged but cannot be used for using this product. Also, check if your smartphone is a CarPlay/Android Auto compatible model.
Q. It is a smartphone and a wired connection, but the smartphone connection may be exposed. It may restart without permission
A. There is a possibility of disconnection of smartphone cable or poor contact in the plug. Take the smartphone cable by hand, change the position, or lightly touch the plug part to check the situation. Also, if you have a smartphone that made a wireless connection with HUD in the past, please turn off Bluetooth and WiFi.
Q. The power is turned off and restarted when the idling stop
A. Depending on the vehicle, the voltage of the cigar socket part is lowered to 12V or less in the product rating of this product rating when the engine restarts from the idling stop. In some cases, the battery is simply deteriorated, so please check the battery status just in case. It may also be improved by removing the power supply from the fuse box instead of a cigar socket.
Q. The sensitivity of the microphone is not good
A. The microphone is in a small hole in front of the HUD. Please note that it is not a smartphone microphone or remote control.
Q. The screen will not be reflected even if the power is turned on
A. First, please check directly to see if the liquid crystal display in front is lit. The video is displayed so far from the screen, so if there is no angle to look, it will not be displayed at all. Also, it is not visible at all. Be sure to place the liquid crystal display side in front and the transparent screen in the back. If the liquid crystal display is not lit at all visually, check the power switch and the cable. If you have any other cigar socket products, please make sure that the car cigar socket is energized without any problems (the cigar socket may not be turned on the fuse).
Q. I don't understand the operation of CarPlay or Android Auto
A. These are provided as one function of the iPhone or Android OS, and the functions and operations will change automatically as the OS update. In addition, the type of application provided and the operation screen are slightly different from the normal smartphone screen.
For this reason, we cannot support you, so please check the official information of CarPlay/Android Auto or the official application.
Q. There is noise in FM audio
A. Please refer to the following to take measures.
- If the frequency is the same or close to the FM station in your area, change the FM frequency to another on the setting screen. Radio strength varies depending on various elements for each frequency, so please try some frequencies and search for the lowest frequency.
- The power cable is also a FM antenna, and the sensitivity changes depending on the handling of the power cable, so please try changing the wiring route. If you spread the power cable as much as possible and wire it, the radio wave efficiency will be improved.
- Please try to extend the receiving FM antenna as much as possible on the car side. By connecting the power cable to the power cable to the cigar socket power supply, it is indirectly connected to the FM antenna of the body via the body metal to improve the reception efficiency. For this reason, noise is easily entered by power supply to HUD from a power supply that is not directly connected to the vehicle body such as an auxiliary battery.
- If you connect to a smartphone with a smartphone, it may be a radio wave obstruction. Try the smartphone wireless connection.
- If you are not satisfied with the above measures, use the 3.5mm wired audio output or the optional Bluetooth audio output.
Q. "Hey Siri" often does not respond
A. "Hey Siri" uses a microphone on the smartphone side. Use the remote control button to start Siri.
Q. It does not become light mode in Apple CarPlay
A. HUD display light mode is not appropriate, so CARPLAY is always displayed dark mode.
Q. Yahoo car navigation system does not come out with Android Auto
A. These apps have not yet been compatible with Android Auto as of May 2022. It can be used in Apple CarPlay. As for the reference information, Android Auto has a problem with maps, and navigation applications other than Google Map seem to be difficult to permission.
Q. There is a charging mark on the smartphone when connecting to a smartphone, but it has not been charged.
A. The power supply of this machine USB port is 0.5A, the USB basic standard, but the recent smartphone charger is about 1-1.5A. Due to this difference, it may take a long time to charge. In addition, when using HUD, the smartphone consumes power, and if the battery deteriorates due to a long -term use of a smartphone, the efficiency of charging and discharge will decrease. For this reason, the amount of charging amount
Q. Dial operation of the remote control and cursor move upside down
A. Due to the specifications of CarPlay/Androidauto, the cursor movement by dial operation is performed in the order specified in each application. For this reason, please note that the cursor may be moved in the opposite direction of the dial. * CARPLAY does not support buttons up, down, left and right.
Q. The map display is dazzling without switching to night mode in Androidauto
A. HUD-2023Updated firmware (Ver 2.0.2 or later)please.
If it doesn't become better even after confirmation above, please contact us.