Table of Contents
Precautions before use
- Preventing Images from Being PhotographedTo avoid glare, please adjust the angle of the camera vertically before use.
- The microSD card isFormat every two weeks.Format the microSD card once every two weeks.Setting MenuSD Card Format" in the Settings menu.
- We are not responsible for any accidents, traffic violations, etc. that may occur when using this product. Please drive in compliance with the traffic laws and regulations in Japan.
- Please read this manual carefully and follow the instructions correctly when using and installing the product. We are not responsible for any damage to the product or the car caused by improper use or installation.
List of Contents
① Mirror Cam main unit (32GB microSD inserted)
② 7m rear camera cable
③ GPS receiver
④ Rear camera + Rear camera outside Bracket
⑤ Cigar socket power cable (with a merging wire for GPS) 12~24V, 3.5m
⑥ Front camera
⑦ Front camera cable (1m)
⑧ Rubber band (long)
⑨ Rubber band (short)
⑩ User manual URL guide + warranty card
⑪ Screen wiping cloth
⑫ Double-sided adhesive tape for front camera (spare)
⑬ inside Bracket *Please note that the bracket is packed in a separate bag from the camera.
⑭ Interior lining removal (2 types)
Contents are subject to change without notice depending on circumstances.
Rear camera on this pageInside the carThis page explains how to install a rear camera in a car. Even a complete beginner can do it in about 30 minutes. (→)Outside the carInstallation）
First, please watch the installation video below to get an overview of the whole process.
Full version of the installation video (5 min 38 sec)
We do not provide support for individual installation work. If you think it is impossible to install by yourself, please contact us.Find an installation company for more information.
1. cable routing to the main unit
First, wire the cables to the main unit of the mirror cam. Refer to the illustration of the back side of the main unit below and insert the plugs into their respective positions.MicroSD card is already inserted in the main unit at the time of delivery.(When inserting or removing the SD card, disconnect the main unit from the mirror and remove the cable plug.)
(When inserting or removing the SD card, remove the main unit from the interior mirror and disconnect the cable plug as well.
The cable positions are also indicated on the protective sheet on the surface of the main unit for reference.
2. operation check before installation
Once at this pointOperation check of rear camera(If it turns out to be malfunctioning after the cable has been installed, the time and effort will have been wasted. (If it is found to be malfunctioning after the cable has been installed, the effort will have been wasted.)
Check that the rear camera is7mConnect the rear camera to the rear camera cable and connect the cigar socket power cable to the car's cigar socket.
Turn on the car engine and check if the rear camera image appears on the screen of the mirror cam unit.
Turn off the car engine, disconnect the cigar socket power cable from the car's cigar socket, and disconnect the rear camera from the car's cigar socket.7mDisconnect from the rear camera cable. Resume the installation process.
3. installation of the main unit
Install the main unit over the existing interior mirror as shown above. Secure the main unit by attaching it with the upper and lower hooks of the main unit and the attached rubber band.
The attached rubber band comes in two types, long and short, so please use a band of appropriate length. If the length is insufficient, connect the two types of bands with a tying band (available at 100 yen stores).
The MirrorCam hook to which the rubber band is attached is flexible vertically, so even if the interior mirror is slightly larger vertically than the MirrorCam itself, the installation itself can be done without any problem.
(Horizontal view when installed)
Rear Camera Cable Wiring
Next, let's look at the wiring of the rear camera cable. See the video below. (1 min 43 sec)
As shown in the video, the rear camera cable can be removed from the interior using your fingertips and a "lining remover" (the orange crowbar-like tool in the video. (The tool looks like a crowbar in the orange color in the video, and is included in the product.the rear camera cable into a gap in the interior to hide it.the rear camera cable into a gap in the interior.
In some cars, it may be necessary to remove the lining firmly, but in the majority of cars, it is not necessary to do this.simply embed it in a crevice.(However, be sure to embed the cable carefully. (However, be sure to embed the cable carefully. If the cable is pushed in roughly and forcibly, it may break inside the cable.)
The rubber packing on the door can be easily used to embed the cable, so use it to bring the cable easily and neatly to the rear. Even if you do not remove the packing, just fitting the cable into the edge of the packing as shown in the figure below will be sufficient to hide it.
This process will route the rear camera cable to the rear glass area.
Note: If the rear camera cable is not long enough, use the optional10m/15m cableis available.
5. rear camera installation
Attach the rear camera using the supplied bracket + double-sided tape. The bracket istwo types: one for inside the car and one for outside the car.Please note that there are two types of brackets: one for inside the car and one for outside the car.
The bracket for inside the car is used as shown in the figure below.
Screw the in-vehicle bracket only at the hinge as shown in the figure above (if you screw the bracket up to the point marked "do not screw" in the figure above, the double-sided tape that secures the bracket to the rear camera may come off in part and easily lift off).
Attach the rear camera to the appropriate position on the rear glass as shown in the figure above, using the double-sided tape provided.
- However, the supplied double-sided tape is very strong and difficult to reattach.Use vinyl tape, etc. to temporarily fix the camera in place at first, and then check the actual image to determine the final installation position.We recommend that you use vinyl tape, etc., to temporarily fix the tape in place at first.
- Rear cameras must beAttached directly to the rear glassThe rear camera should be attached directly to the rear glass. If the camera is attached to the rear dashboard or ceiling, it will be difficult to obtain a stable image because of the distance from the rear glass, which may cause the interior to be reflected in the image. Also, the adhesive strength will not be sufficient on the grained resin part, and it will easily fall off. (If you can only attach it to the plastic part of the ceiling, we recommend using a bracket for outside the car and screwing it to the ceiling to prevent it from falling off.)
- In most cases, the rear glassTop center of the rear glassis appropriate. If you have a rear wiper, it should be within that range.
- The vertical angle should also be adjusted appropriately. than parallel.Slightly downwardis more convenient for rearward visibility when backing up and parking.
- If the camera is installed facing upward, the bright sky will appear in the large image and the camera will compensate for it, resulting in a dark image.Playback Menuto check the recorded video to see if the camera is facing too far up or too far down. Adjust the angle so that the following vehicle is near the top and bottom center of the recorded image.
- Once the vertical angle is determined, tighten the screws securely so that the angle does not change during use. (If the screws tend to loosen easily, pour instant adhesive such as Aron Alpha into the hinge area to fix it completely.)
- Depending on the car model, heat rays from the glass will inevitably appear in the image, but this is not a problem because the heat rays are blurred in the image. By adjusting the vertical position appropriately, the heat rays can be reduced as much as possible.
- The rear camera has a blue protective plastic attached to the lens. Please be sure to remove it before use.
Connect the short cable growing from the rear camera to the rear camera cable that was wired to the rear in the previous section. Since all you have to do is insert the connectors, you can connect them either before or after the rear camera is installed. Make sure to insert the connector all the way to the back.
NoteThe red wire on the rear camera cableis for the parking guideline display. If you do not need the parking guideline display described below, you do not need to wire. For details, see Wiring the red wire for parking guideline section for details.
Wiring the power cable
Next, we will wire the cigar socket power cable. See the video below (1 min. 6 sec.)
Many cars have a gap in the ceiling where the cable can be inserted for wiring.
Continue by embedding the cable in the rubber gasket of the door in the same manner as the rear camera cable. If you can bring it to the lower part of the dashboard, you can then place it under the floor sheet or embed it appropriately in the lower dashboard parts and route it to the cigar socket location. (If the cable is to be routed under the dashboard, tie the existing cables together with a cable tie to prevent them from sagging.)
- If the power cable is not long enough, use a commercially available cigar socket extension cable. Be sure to extend the cigar socket side, since extending the wire on the USB plug side may cause insufficient voltage.
- If you want to get power from a fuse box or the like without using a cigar socketConnecting to the fuse box power supply (The input voltage of the mirror cam is rated at 5 V.) (The rated input of the mirror cam is 5V. (Since a 12V to 5V step-down is performed with the cigar socket power cable, connecting the car's 12V power supply directly to the main unit without an adapter will break it in an instant.)
- When supplying power with the optional Pro power cable, see below. Option: Wiring the Pro Power Cable for details.
7. installation of GPS receiver
The GPS receiver can be attached to the top of the windshield near the mirror cam or to the dashboard in the same way as the power cable, using double-sided tape. The receiver can also be attached to the back of the interior mirror. It can also be received on either the front or back side.
Please hide the excess cable in the ceiling or other location.
The cigar socket cable is partially split in two and merges with the GPS receiver cable. Connect the GPS receiver cable to the two-way socket of the cigar socket as shown in the figure below.
If the ceiling space is too narrow to hide the two-way part, it is recommended to bundle the cable behind the interior mirror and fasten it with a rubber band to hide it.
Since GPS is a radio wave, it can be received to some extent even in places where there is no direct sunlight. The GPS can penetrate thin plastic (but not metal). Therefore, it is possible to receive GPS to some extent even if it is hidden in the A-pillar or in the dashboard (because unlike car navigation systems, there is no major practical problem even if the reception accuracy is reduced to some extent). However, in this caseGPS Information" in the Settingsin the settings and make sure that there are no problems with reception.
8. installation of front camera
Attach the front camera to the appropriate position on the windshield of the car using the double-sided tape provided. We recommend a location that does not interfere with driving, such as behind the mirrors.
At this time, be sure not to mistake the top and bottom of the front camera for the top and bottom. (See the following table for the position of the front camera.The plug is to the left of the front camera when viewed from the driver's seat.(The plug is on the left side of the front camera when viewed from the driver's seat.)
Connect the front camera cable already connected to the main unit to the front camera. The excess part of the cable can be hidden in the ceiling of the car and dropped down to connect it to the front camera. Alternatively, bundle the cables and tuck them into the rubber band on the back of the interior mirror to hide them.
*The front camera can be connected to theThe front camera has a blue protective plastic attached to the lens. Please be sure to remove it before use. There is also a clear protective vinyl on the left and right sides of the front camera, which does not need to be removed except for aesthetic reasons.
Finally, the front cameraTurn the right side to adjust the vertical angleto adjust the vertical angle. We recommend that the camera face straight ahead so that both the signal and the road surface can be easily captured.
The brightness and color of the entire image will be affected by what is in front of you. If you face down, the image will be affected by the color of the road and hood, and if you face up, the image will be easily affected by the brightness of the sky.
This completes the installation process.
Please start the engine and check that the mirror cam is working properly.
Other Points to Note
- If you have excess rear camera cable and wish to hide it, please tuck it in behind the interior. If you are not particularly concerned about it, you can leave it bundled up on the rear dashboard.
- If you need to pull the cable out again after it has been embedded in the interior, do so slowly and carefully (using a peeling tool to remove the interior lining if necessary). If the cable is pulled out forcibly, there is a possibility of disconnection inside the cable.
- When it is necessary to remove the rear or front camera from the glass, use the provided peeling tool like a spatula to slowly and carefully peel them off. If you remove them forcibly, the brackets may be deformed and cannot be reused, or the adhesive residue of the double-sided tape may remain on the glass. (It may take some time to remove the adhesive left on the glass if you keep wiping it off while moistening it with an alcohol sanitizing sheet or the like.)
Installation outside the vehicle
- We do not recommend installation outside the car unless you are a person who often maintains your car yourself or you have a professional installer do it for you. Also, it depends on the type of car whether it is suitable for inside or outside the car.Is it better to use a rear camera inside or outside the car? for more information.
- For installation outside the vehicle, use the bracket for outside the vehicle. The main body of the rear camera is IPX7 waterproof. The procedure is the same as for in-vehicle installation, except that the rear camera is installed outside the vehicle.
- If the camera is attached directly to the car body without using a bracket, it will not be possible to adjust the angle. As a result, the camera will face the bright sky, which will result in a darker image due to brightness compensation, or glare from the direct headlights of the car behind. For optimal image quality, it is recommended that the angle be adjustable using the attached bracket as much as possible.
Wiring the red wire for parking guidelines
*This wiring is not necessary if the parking guideline display is not required. Please skip it.
By connecting the red wire of the rear camera cable to the wire of the reversing light (the light that comes on when the gear is put into reverse), the parking guideline can be displayed automatically when backing up.
The angle of view of the rear camera can be set separately from the normal angle of view, so that the camera will automatically display the lower part of the rear camera image when backing up, making it easier to park the car.
If you do not understand the following, please do not perform this wiring (or ask a specialist to do so). Even without this wiring, functions other than the parking guideline display can be used without problems, and only this part of the wiring can be done later.
- Connect the red wire (core diameter 0.5mm, + pole) of the rear camera cable to the positive wire of the reversing light (the positive wire only flows when the car is in reverse. Be sure to verify this with a tester).
- After completing the work, be sure to verify that the parking guideline is displayed correctly when the gear is put into reverse.
- By sliding the screen up and down when the parking guideline is displayed, you can set the vertical display position for the parking guideline display separately from the normal display position. If set to face downward, the display can automatically face downward only when in reverse.
Caution： Please note that the
- In rare cases, this function may not work properly in some vehicles due to low or intermittent current flow in the positive pole of the reversing light (e.g., the guideline display and normal camera display alternately popping up and down). In this case, since it is difficult to deal with the problem on the product side, please disconnect the red wire and use the product. (If the red wire is disconnected, the parking guideline will not be displayed, but other functions can be used normally. (If the red wire is disconnected, the parking guideline will not be displayed, but other functions can still be used.)
) If you still need to use this function, you can use a relay switch from a different power source, but in that case, please ask a professional installer to do this for you. We are unable to provide support for this, but it will be displayed if the 12/24V+ of the battery is input to the red wire. This can be easily tested by touching the red wire to the positive pole of a cigar socket or fuse box.
- Please be careful not to connect to the tail light instead of the backup light by mistake. If you connect it to the tail light, the parking guideline line will be displayed immediately after starting the engine (even if you do not put the car into reverse).
Option: Wiring for Pro Power Cable
Time Lapse MonitoringIf you want to record, use the optionalPro Power Cable(sold separately) must be connected. Before making the connection, please read the following page carefully first to understand the general process of fuse box connection.
*We recommend that you first use the standard accessory cigarette lighter socket power cable and make sure that the MirrorCam unit and camera are operating without problems before proceeding.
YellowAlways connected to power fuse
RedConnect to ACC fuse
Black: Connect to ACC fuseConnect to the ground (minus pole) of the car
Mini USB plugConnect to mirror cam main unit
GPS connection socketConnect the GPS cable
- Be sure to connect theConnect all yellow, red, and black wiresyellow, red, and black wires.All three wires must be connected for proper operation.
- The fuse included as standard is a 15A mini flat type. If the shape or amperage of the fuse is different from that of the original fuse to be connected, it must be replaced with an appropriate fuse power cable.
- Mini flat fuses will usually fit into low-profile fuse sockets without modification. If the fuse box lid closes properly and there is no wobble, there should be no problem using the fuse as it is.
- The wires in the standard fuse are connected to the end of the fuse as shown in the figure below.
- If the wires are not long enough, use commercially available lead wires to extend the yellow, red, and black 12V wires. (Extending the wires on the mirror cam main unit side with commercially available USB cables, etc., may cause the voltage protection mechanism to malfunction.)
- Since the Pro Power Cable is equipped with an overcurrent protection mechanism, there is no need to attach a separate fuse to the Pro Power Cable side for protection (even if it is attached, there is no problem).
After that, connect the Pro Power Cable to the power port of the MirrorCam unit after mating the GPS receiver to the two-way socket part of the Pro Power Cable as you did with the standard accessory cigarette lighter socket power cable.
Attach the control console to the A-pillar of the car, the ceiling, the top of the windshield, the back of the interior mirror, or any other location that does not interfere with driving, using the double-sided tape provided. The operation console does not need to be checked at all times, so there is no problem if it is hidden in a gap in the front ceiling.
Buttons on the operation console
Long pressPower ON/OFF. the LED turns off when the power is turned OFF. If the car will not be used for a long period of time, use this button to turn off the power from the source. (Do not use this button during normal use, and use the car's ACC on/off to turn on/off the mirror cam.
Short press: You can change the voltage protection value of H(12.4V)/M(12.0V)/L(11.8V). If the car battery voltage drops below the set value, the power supply will be forcibly cut off
LED indicators on the operation console
- When driving (ACC on):.Lit
- When power is turned off with engine (ACC) OFF: LitSlow blinking
- If the power was originally turned off by pressing and holding a button on the consoleLights completely off
- If the power supply is forcibly cut off by the battery protection mechanismLights completely off
After the installation is complete, the installation is successful if the engine is running and the mirror cam lights up correctly, and if the mirror cam shuts down automatically when the engine (ACC) is turned off.
Preparation before use
Adjust the angle of the mirror cam to avoid glare.
Before use, tilt the screen up and down to adjust the angle to avoid glare. (At this timeDo not apply strong force to the mirror cam body.and adjust the angle by holding the indoor mirror side of the base. Most existing interior mirrors have an angle-switching lever on the bottom, which can also be used to adjust the angle).
Adjust the mirror screen in the same way as a normal indoor mirror.If the mirror screen is pointed directly backward, it will be very difficult to see due to reflection from the rear.from the rear.
Adjust the screen slightly upward or downward to an angle that does not allow outside light to shine directly on the screen. Also, adjust the left and right angles so that the screen is easy to see from the driver's seat. Due to the characteristics of LCD screens, the brightness and contrast will be better if the screen is oriented toward the viewer.
ReferenceHow to reduce screen glare
If you are really concerned about screen glare, you can use theAnti-reflective sheet sold separatelysold separately.
If you want to check on your child in the rear seat, try adjusting the angle slightly downward. The upper bezel is also a mirror, so if you adjust the angle appropriately, you can see the rear camera image while watching the rear seat passengers.The mirror on the upper bezel allows you to check the rear seat passengers as well.(If necessary, you can adjust the angle by pressing the lower button on the main unit. (If necessary, a short press of the lower button on the main unit will turn off the screen and switch to a full-length mirror.)
Vertical adjustment of display position
The vertical display position can be adjusted by sliding the screen up and down with a fingertip.
Once adjusted, the vertical position is stored and will be displayed at the same position the next time it is used.
*The vertical position settings are stored separately for normal display, zoomed display, and parking guideline display.
The camera itself originally shoots at a wide angle both vertically and horizontally, and because the screen is vertically short, the top and bottom of the screen are cropped for display. For this reason, the vertical display position setting has no effect on the actual image captured.
Screen Display and Buttons
The screen display and layout may change depending on the firmware version.
Bottom Icon Display
Tap anywhere on the screen to display the lower icon.
Icons are from left to right
- Settings menu （(once recording must be stopped)
- Playback Menu (You must stop recording once)
- RecordingRecording: Tap to toggle recording or stop recording (recording starts automatically at startup)
- PhotoSave the current camera image as a photo.
- Switching back and forth between camerasTap to switch between back, front, and two screens at the same time
- Overwrite Protected Recording: Tap to change the icon to●yellow, and the recording will be overwrite-protected (1 minute).
- ZoomZoom: Tap to toggle between zoom and normal display. Zoom is displayed at the zoom rate preset in the "Rear Camera Zoom Settings" setting (zoom is not set by default). The upper and lower display positions can also be set separately for zoom and normal display, and can be used as buttons for switching the upper and lower display positions (e.g., tap to show the bottom of the screen).
Small icon in lower right corner
GPS connection, shock monitoring (only shown if on), recording time, recording, SD card
The display icon may or may not change depending on the setting. The icons can also be turned off by setting "Icon Display: Off".
● When the red circle is displayedNormal recording in progress
● When yellow circle is displayedRecording is in progress.
The number is the recording time. Recording time is rotated from 1 to 3 minutes depending on the setting.
*This item is not available inSetting "Icon Display: Off".to turn off the display.
Time, date, day of week
This item can be turned off by setting "Date/Time Display: Off".
Direction and speed display (information by GPS)
This item can be turned off by setting "Direction and Speed Display: Off".
Tap the upper center to display the brightness adjustment bar. Slide left/right to adjust.
Lower button on the main unit
Short pressThe screen turns off and becomes a full-length mirror. Recording continues. Short press again to turn on the light again.
Long press: Power off. the NEOTOKYO logo appears, the unit shuts down, and recording is terminated. Long press again to restart.
*This long press is not necessary to turn off the power in normal use. When the engine is turned off, the power to the cigar socket is cut off and the mirror cam is also turned off.This is because it is visually indistinguishable from a short press to turn off the screen and may drain the vehicle battery.Do not turn off the power by pressing and holding the button as long as possible.。
- To enter the settings menu, recording must be stopped first. The third from the left of the lower icon on the main unit■to stop recording, then tapTap the leftmost gear icon to enter the settings menu.
- This product is not available in theavailable without any special settings.The product can be used without any particular settings. In the initial state, thesettings that are considered optimal for general use.is set to the default settings that are considered optimal for general use.
- If you do not understand the meaning of the settings, do not change them. If you think that the settings have gone wrong, please use "Initialize Settings" to restore the original factory settings.
- Firmware version:.20211122_V01
Loop RecordingLoop recording: The recording file is split and recorded at the specified length (→) Reason why the recording of the DRA RECORDING system is divided into separate files by minute）
Recording: Audio recording on/off
Operation soundOperation sound on/off
VolumeSpeaker volume control
Time-lapse monitoring *Only when using Pro power cable
- Time-lapse monitoring useTime Lapse Monitoring: When turned on, the camera will shift to time-lapse continuous monitoring mode when the engine is turned off. Turn off if time-lapse monitoring is not used.
- Time Lapse Duration12/24 hours switchable
- Time Lapse RateTime Lapse Rate: When set to "1 frame/sec", one frame (screen) is recorded per second. Note that setting it to "5 frames/sec" will increase the data and require more SD card memory.
Shock Monitoring： When on, the camera will detect an impact when parked (power off) and automatically record for 10 seconds. Sensitivity settings: Off / High / Medium / Low
This function is performed using the MirrorCam2's built-in super capacitor, but due to its low capacity, it can only make up to two shock monitoring recordings per parking spot (no built-in battery due to risk of ignition). (Battery is not built in due to risk of fire). When using the Pro Power Cable (sold separately), the car's battery is used and the camera can record as many times as necessary until the protection voltage setting of the Pro Power Cable is reached.
Shock monitoring may be triggered by the impact of a door opening or closing when entering or exiting a vehicle. In this case, please adjust the sensitivity (high/medium/low).
Time-lapse monitoring cannot be used in combination with time-lapse monitoring. If both are turned on, time-lapse monitoring takes priority.
*If impact monitoring is activated while parking, a warning message will be displayed the next time the mirror cam is activated.
G Sensor Sensitivity：Sensitivity setting for the impact detection sensor during operation (power on)。Off/High/Medium/Low *This setting is also valid for time-lapse monitoring recording
Date and time setting：Set the date and time, which is not necessary to be set manually when connected to GPS, as the GPS will provide accurate date and time information.
Date and time displayClock/Date/Time display on screen ON/OFF *Does not disappear immediately, but disappears with the icon after 5 seconds in normal display
Time display formatTime display format: Switch between 12/24 o'clock and 24 o'clock
Language：Switching of operating language
Screen Off Time：The screen automatically turns off at the specified time (1/2/3 minutes). Recording continues as the screen is only turned off. A short press of the button under the main unit will turn the light on again.
GPS Information：Display of GPS reception status; if GPS is being received correctly, some green bars are shown.
Time zone setting: (should be set to GMT+9:00 Japan time)
Direction and speed display: (Set to GMT+9:00 Japan time.)Azimuth + speed display" on/off shown on the left of the screen
Speed Unit：Km/h, mph switching
Speed alarm setting: An alarm sounds when the set speed is exceeded.
Automatic restart of recording：When on, recording starts automatically after 30 seconds of inactivity
Lock file overwriteWhen turned on, even files protected by overwrite protection are automatically overwritten from the oldest file when the dedicated data area* is full.
Startup screen settingsRear camera / Front camera / 2 screens The screen of the set camera will be displayed at startup.
Rear camera priority：On/Off When turned on, the camera will automatically return to the rear camera display after about 10 seconds even if the front camera is displayed.
Rear Camera Mirror ImageRear Camera Mirror Image: Toggles between mirror image and normal image of the rear camera.
Vertical flip displayRear camera top and bottom (top and bottom) inverted display
Parking GuidelineParking Guideline: Specifies whether the parking guideline lines are displayed or not. (This setting is invalid if the wiring for the parking guideline is not done.
Parking Guideline AdjustmentThis setting allows you to set the position of the parking guideline as desired. After completing the setting, touch [<] in the upper left corner to return to the previous screen.
Rear Camera Zoom Setting: Set the zoom rate of the rear camera when the zoom button is pressed. +" to zoom in, "-" to zoom out. The upper and lower display positions can also be set separately from the non-zoomed normal display. After completing the setting, touch [<] in the upper left corner to return to the previous screen.
Icon DisplayIcon Display: Turn on/off the icon display in the lower right corner of the screen and the recording time display in the upper left corner of the screen.
Initialization of settings：Reset the values in this setting to the factory defaults
SD card formattingFormat the microSD card. Formatting should be done about once every two weeks to ensure proper recording. Also, be sure to format the card before using a new SD card. (See theWhy regular formatting of the SD card is necessary for the DRA RECORDING system)
Version(The version of the firmware is displayed.
*PlaybackTo enter the menu, you must stop recording first. The third from the left of the icon on the bottom of the main unit■to stop recording, then tapTap the second playback menu icon from the left to enter the playback menu.
Left icon: from top
- Normal Recording(time-lapse surveillance recordings also go here)
- Protected Overwrite Recording(Shock detection/surveillance recordings are also included here. (If an impact is detected during time-lapse surveillance recording, only the file of that point will be placed here.)
- Front Camera <> Rear Camera Switching
In the initial view, the front camera files are listed.
Tap the "Front Camera<>Rear Camera Switching" icon (car shaped) in the lower left corner to switch to the recorded video from the front camera<>rear camera.
The files are listed in chronological order from newest to oldest. Scroll through the list of files with your fingertip and tap the file name to play the recording.
The file name is [date/time the recording started + F/R].
When any video file is selected, tapping the right-most key icon will overwrite the file (but the file storage location will remain "Normal Recording"). Tapping the trash can symbol below it will delete that file.
Time-lapse monitoring files are listed in the same way as normal recordings, but when played back, they are played back as if they were played back in fast-motion. Also, time-lapse recordings do not record audio.
Video Playback on a PC
Video can be played back with video viewing software (Windows Media Player, QuickTime, etc.) that supports TS format without the need to install new software.
If you wish to view videos linked to GPS information, please download/install GPS player software on your respective computer from the following link. The downloaded file is compressed in .zip format and needs to be decompressed once.
*When playing back videos on a PC, if the microSD card is connected via a USB adapter, the transfer rate may be slow and playback may not be smooth. In this case, try copying the data on the SD card once to a disk on the computer before playback.
Time Lapse Monitoring
When using the Pro power cableTime-lapse monitoring of settingsis turned on, the time-lapse monitoring function can be used.
In this case, before the engine is turned off and the mirror cam is turned off, a message will appear on the screen and the camera will automatically transition to time-lapse recording. When the engine is turned on again, time-lapse recording will end at that point and return to normal recording.
Time-lapse recording saves data space and power by recording at one frame per second, allowing for longer recording times. Because of this mechanism, each file is recorded for 30 minutes, 30 times longer than normal recording (normal recording is 30 frames per second, while time-lapse recording is one frame per second).
The actual time elapsed can be confirmed by the time stamp recorded in the lower left corner of the video (the date and time are clearly recorded when viewed on a computer, although it may be difficult to see when playing back the video on the device due to the small screen).
The time-lapse recorded video file can be downloaded toPlayback MenuThe time-lapse recorded video files are treated and listed in the same way as normal recordings in the playback menu. If an impact is detected during time-lapse recording, only the files in that area will be placed in "overwrite protected recording" as in normal recording.
- Before and after the start/end of time-lapse recording, the camera is more likely to go into "overwrite protection recording" if it detects an impact from getting in/out of the car or opening/closing a door.
- As mentioned above, time-lapse recording has a recording time of approximately 30 minutes per file, and if an impact is detected even once during that time, the recording will be "overwrite protected". Therefore, the possibility of being placed in "protected overwrite recording" is higher than with normal recording.
As mentioned above, time-lapse recordings are recorded frame-by-frame, so when you play them back, they play back as if you were fast-forwarding.
Q. The power does not turn on.
A. First, check that the green light on the cigar socket plug is lit. If it is not lit, the power is not supplied. Check the connection between the cigar socket and the mirror cam by plugging and unplugging the plug several times. It is also possible that the fuse in the car's cigarette lighter socket is blown, so if you have another cigarette lighter plug, check to see if it is still energized.
If you are using a cigarette lighter socket distributor, the voltage may be insufficient. Please check if the car starts up directly from the cigarette lighter socket.
Q. "Rear camera connection faulty or insufficient voltage! appears. Rear camera image is not displayed.
A. There is a possibility that the connection of the rear camera cable is poor or that the cigar socket power supply voltage is insufficient. Plug in the rear camera cable (both on the mirror cam unit side and the rear camera side)several times and make sure that it is firmly inserted all the way to the back.Similarly, insert and remove the cigarette lighter socket cable connection several times to check contact.
Q. I have a cigar socket power supply, but the mirror cam does not turn off when I turn off the engine.
A. In some imported cars, the cigar socket remains energized even after the engine is turned off. In this case, please unplug the cigar socket power supply or contact the dealer.Change the power supply to one from the fuse box.(Press and hold the button under the main unit to turn on the shutter. (Although it is possible to shut down the unit by pressing and holding the button at the bottom of the unit, this is not recommended because it is difficult to distinguish between this and a short press to turn off the screen (recording continues), which may consume battery power.)
Q. The rear camera does not appear or restarts by itself. (In addition, the power supply is using another USB.
A. The cigar socket cable provided with this product has an output of 5V/3A, but the normal USB standard is only 0.5-1A. The product will not work properly due to lack of power. Be sure to use the cigar socket cable supplied with the product.
Q. The rear camera cable is not long enough.
A. Please use the optional10m/15m cablefor more information.
Q. The red lines for parking guidelines are not long enough.
A. Please extend it with an appropriate lead wire that is capable of carrying 12 V. We recommend a cable with the same core wire diameter of 0.5 mm. We recommend using a cable with the same core wire diameter of 0.5 mm.
Q. The image is greenish-blue.
A. Please remove the protective film from the camera lens.
Q. The image from the rear camera is dark or difficult to see in the daytime.
A. First, please make sure that the protective film is not still on the camera lens. Next, remove the protective film from the LCD screen.Adjust the angle so that there is no glare.properly so that there is no reflection on the LCD screen.Make sure that the LCD screen brightness is at its maximumPlease also make sure that the brightness of the LCD screen is set to maximum.
If the rear camera is installed facing up, the brightness will be corrected to match the bright sky and the entire image will tend to be dark. Try turning the camera slightly downward.
Q. The image from the rear camera is dark at night. The rear camera is installed inside the car.
A. First, please check to see if the protective vinyl is still attached to the camera lens.
If the camera is installed inside the car, it tends to be dark if the rear glass is smoked heavily* or if the rear glass is lying strongly. If the smoke is too thick, consider cutting out the smoke film only on the camera portion. For more information on rear glassIs it better to use a rear camera inside or outside the car? See also.
*To check the degree of influence of smoke film, attach a rear camera to the windshield as a test to see the difference.
Q. The screen turns off after a while. It lights up when I press the button.
A. Is the "Screen Off Time" in the settings turned on? If it is on, the screen display will automatically turn off after the set time has elapsed. (Recording continues).
Q. When backing up, the guideline display and the normal camera display appear alternately.
A. Please double check the wiring of the red wire of the rear camera cable and confirm with a tester that the reverse signal is coming in properly. In rare cases, depending on the condition of the vehicle, the reverse light part of theVoltage or current is low.orCurrent flows only intermittentlyIn this case, please disconnect the red wire from the rear camera cable.To check if there is a problem on the product side, contact the red wire of the rear camera cable to another 12V positive pole such as a fuse box or cigarette lighter socket.
*Almost 100% of the cases in the past have been caused by problems on the vehicle side, not by defective products. Please be sure to check the above.
*If you really want to use the product, you can supply power from a stable current source such as a fuse box and link it to the reverse signal with a relay switch or the like. This is a difficult procedure, so please consult with a reputable installer.
Q. I am getting noise on the TV/radio. It returns to normal when I turn off the power to the mirror cam.
A. Although our product has noise suppression measures, this may happen under certain circumstances. First, disconnect the unit from the main unit one by one in the following order to determine what is causing the problem.
Rear camera cable
Front camera cable
3. GPS cable
Once the noise source is identified, try to find a location where it is not affected by the noise by holding it by hand and changing its position in various ways. In particular, installing the front camera or GPS near the digital terrestrial antenna or running the cables through it is more likely to cause influence, so please review the installation position and route.
If the above does not change the problem, the power cable may be affected. If this is the case, try changing the wiring route of the power cable or changing the fuse from which the power is obtained (separate from the fuse for the TV or radio).
Q. The screen does not automatically turn down when parking guidelines are displayed.
A. When the parking guideline is displayed, slide the screen up or down to the desired position. The setting will be memorized.
Q. The date and time change on startup by itself.
A. Set "Time Zone Setting" to GMT+9:00 (Japan Standard Time).
Q. The camera can only record one impact monitoring recording while parked. Q. The camera can only record once or cannot record for 10 seconds. In additionI am using the standard cigar socket power cable
A. This will happen when the super capacitor in the unit is not fully charged; please run the unit for about 20 minutes to charge the super capacitor. If you need more shock monitoring recordings, please consider using the Pro Power Cable (sold separately).
Q. My mirrors are lowering under the weight.
A. Existing interior mirrors are generally supported by round hinges, and if they become loose over time, the weight of the mirror may cause them to drop by itself. In this case, you can take countermeasures such as inserting something between the loose parts or using butyl rubber to harden them. Since this is a digital mirror, the angle does not need to be adjusted as often as a normal mirror, and in extreme cases, once the angle is set, there is no problem even if the mirror is completely fixed.
Q. At night, the light from the headlights of a car behind me is diffused in a blurry white color, or the reflection is stretched vertically and wide.
A. The rear glass or rear camera lens may be dirty. Try wiping it clean with a clean, damp cloth.
Q. I cannot use the SD card.
A. Please perform "SD card formatting" in the settings. When using a new SD card, be sure to format it in the MirrorCam unit.
Q. The set vertical angle of view returns to the original one every time I turn on the camera.
A. Try "SD card formatting" in the settings. Since the vertical angle of view settings are recorded in the SD card, if the SD card is not inserted or formatted correctly, the settings will not be saved.
Q. The image from the rear camera shakes slowly.
A. This may occur when the base on which the rear camera is installed is made of a soft material (resin, fabric, etc.) or when the bracket is used incorrectly and is not rigid enough. The actual shaking will be faster, but when viewed on video, the shaking will appear slower due to the camera's frame rate.Relevant sections in the manualand use the correct bracket and attach it directly to a rigid substrate such as the rear glass.
When using the Pro power cable
Q. The power does not come on.
A. Check that the indicator on the power cable is lit. If the indicator is not lit, check that the connected fuse and grounding are properly energized with a power tester.
Q. The time-lapse recording does not go to 12/24 hours and then stops.
A. It is possible that the Pro Power cable's anti-battery discharge mechanism is activated due to a low voltage in the vehicle battery and the power is cut off in the middle of recording. If the LED on the power cable is "completely off" before starting the engine, the power is turned off due to low voltage. Normally it is "blinking slowly".
Since time-lapse recording requires a certain amount of power, and since the battery voltage is usually 1V or more lower when parked than when driving, even a new battery may drop below the protected voltage value if used frequently for time-lapse recording. If you still want to record 24 hours a day, try lowering the protection voltage to L:11.8V at the bottom of the power cable's control console. However, the fact that the protection mechanism is working means that the battery charge itself is decreasing, so we recommend that you do not overdo it and always start the engine to fully charge the battery after using the time-lapse system.The battery life is generally 2 to 3 years, and it is recommended to replace the battery when the voltage drops below 12.5V.
If time-lapse recording stops after about 5 minutes regardless of the battery charge status, the yellow power cable may be connected to an ACC power source that cuts off after a few minutes of ACC off, rather than to a constant power source.
Q. The mirror cam does not turn off even after the engine is turned off.
A. Please check with a tester that the fuse to which the red wire of the Pro Power Cable (ACC) is connected actually turns off immediately when the ACC is turned off.
Q. The power supply is turned off while driving. (Only the yellow wire of the power cable is connected to the ACC fuse, not the red wire.
A. It is possible that the power supply is forcibly shut off due to low battery voltage caused by the battery drain protection mechanism of the power cable. Try connecting the red wire to another ACC fuse, or merge the red and yellow wires and connect them to the same fuse. In this way, the power supply will not be forcibly interrupted even if the battery voltage is low.
Q. I connected the yellow constant power supply and the black ground wire, and a spark appeared. Isn't this strange even though the power should not be energized?
A. Unlike the grounding of household electrical appliances, the grounding of a car is not the same as the grounding of a car.the negative pole of the power supply itself.Therefore, the moment you connect the fuse (+) to the body ground (-), the power will be supplied. Therefore, the moment you connect the fuse (+) to the body ground (-), the car will be energized, so please connect the ground (-) to the fuse first, or disconnect the battery from the main body before starting work. For more information on car grounding, please refer to this page.DIY Lab's articlefor more information on car grounding.
For other problems, please try the following three points.
Initialize the settings using the "Initialize Settings" option in the Settings menu.
Format the microSD card ("SD Card Format" in Settings).
Reset (with the power on, poke the hole marked with "R" on the back of the main unit with a pin, etc.)
If the above does not improve the situation, please contact us.Contact usIf the problem persists after the above checks, please contact us.